Thousands have been left displaced and many residents in the various communities are dependent on donations after losing all their belongings.
Residents need dried and tinned food, baby food, clothes, nappies, toiletries and furniture. In addition, young children need school uniforms and stationery.
Listen to the full conversation:
Here is a list of organisations to contact for Imizamo Yethu donations in Hout Bay:
1. The City of Cape Town has asked NGO Thula Thula to accept and distribute donations on its behalf. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The Mustadifin Foundation on 021 633 0010 or 021 633 0060.
4. The Hout Bay Rotary Club is collecting financial contributions through this bank account:
DETAILS: First National Bank Hout Bay
Account no: 53452281009
Reference: IY fire relief
5. The SA Red Cross Society on on 021 797 5360.
6. Donations can also be dropped off at the lobomi</i>centre.htm">Iziko Lobomi community hall and shelter in Imizamo Yethu.
7. Hout Bay Police Station on 021 791 9300.