7 projects that are about to boost investment value in the CBD
There's a great deal of development taking place in the city centre, it's often hard to keep up.
The Cape Town Central City Improvement District (CCID) has released a report on the growth of business in the CBD.
According to CCID communications manager Carola Koblitz, there has been more investment in the CBD.
It reconfirms the confidence that both the public and private sector have in the CBD.Carola Koblitz, CCID communications manager
If the following projects are a success, they will pump even more investment and value in the CBD.
1. The development at the Capetonian Hotel in Heerengracht.
2. A new hotel called the Gorgeous George Hotel and Bar being constructed along St Georges Mall.
3. A mixed-use residential and retail development off Plein Street.
4. The revamping of Mike's Sports on the corner of Bree, Strand and Waterkant Streets.
5. The proposed Roggebaai Centre, an office tower by Ingenuity in Christiaan Barnard Street.
6. A project by the College of Cape Town on Buitenkant Street.
7. The development of Telkom at its exchange on Lower Long Street.
Listen to the full conversation from CapeTalk's Breakfast with Kieno Kammies:
ANC vets want civil society groups present at the consultative conference, which they want held separately from another meeting.Read More
EWN's Gaye Davis summarises the evidence of the SABC journalists who appeared before the ad hoc committee in Parliament.Read More
A criminal lawyer explains what leg citizens can stand on if they witness a child or pet locked in a vehicle in risky conditions.Read More
The DA's James Selfe says it is not clear whether SABC's Hlaudi Motsoeneng will be either fired or suspended pending an inquiry.Read More
A judge has ruled that Hlaudi Motsoeneng should not hold any position at the SABC and Twitter has wasted no time reacting.Read More
Whether it's breaking bread or celebrating through song and dance, family rituals and traditions can create a sense of belonging.Read More
Speciality ice cream brand Baskin-Robbins is filling bellies and the demand for artisanal ice cream in Mzantsi. We get the scoop.Read More
Minister Jeff Radebe says that Cabinet has noted all the concerns raised by international rating agencies.Read More
All the money spent on the two-week-long campaign could be put to better use, into on-going programmes and social interventions.Read More
A stretch of road that should take drivers 3 minutes can turn into a half hour crawl because of motorists who block intersections.Read More