#SowetoUnrest: Gauteng Safety MEC to pay for boy's funeral:
Pic credit: Times Live
EWN Correspondent Thando Kubheka on this story: Gauteng Community Safety MEC Sizakele Nkosi-Malobane says helping the family of a teenager who was shot and killed last week in Snake Park, Soweto, does not mean government is compensating the family for the boy's death. Nkosi-Malobane visited Siphiwe Mahori's home on Tuesday and also met with community members. Siphiwe Mahori (14) was among a group of boys who were allegedly trying to rob a foreign national's shop. The boy was gunned down and the shop owner was arrested. Widespread looting in areas including Soweto, Kagiso, Langlaagte and later Alexandra followed the shooting, with many residents focusing their anger over Mahori's death on foreign shop owners. Six people, including Mahori, have been killed in the violence. The MEC says the City of Johannesburg will be assisting the teenager’s family with funeral arrangements.
What next for Bafana, after crashing out of Afcon 2015?:
EWN Sport on this story: South Africa's national football team, Bafana Bafana, was sent crashing out of the 2015 African Cup of Nations in a 2-1 loss to Ghana on Tuesday night. Bafana Bafana will be heading back to South Africa this week, with coach Shakes Mashaba likely to face questions over a number of controversial selections and the team's ability to perform under pressure. Mashaba's team was beaten 2-1 by Ghana in their final African Cup of Nation group match in Equatorial Guinea last night. The defeat sent Bafana crashing out of the tournament with only one point.
Sars suspended Pillay to have CCMA hearing:
Midday Report Host, Stephen Grootes on this story: South African Revenue Service (Sars) Deputy Commissioner Ivan Pillay and his employer are due back at the Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration (CCMA) today in a bid to find a solution over his suspension. Pillay was suspended last week after an earlier suspension was overturned by the Labour Court. Sars head Tom Moyane said he had suspended his deputy because of findings over his role in a rogue intelligence unit. A panel which earlier investigated the claims against the unit said it made no such findings against Pillay. Last year, Moyane said he had based his decision to suspend Pillay on the panel's probe. Last week Pillay and Sars met to try and resolve their differences. Hours before the sessions started, Pillay was suspended for a second time.
This article first appeared on 702 : Soweto unrest victim burial, what's next for Bafana?, Pillay in CCMA with Sars