Oscar losers walk away with a gift bag for the pain - worth over R1.9 million
The 87th Academy Awards will surely have a lot of fans feeling sympathetic towards the losing nominees. Well, it seems everyone wins at the Oscars this year!
It is reported that 21 gift bags will be given to the host (Neil Patrick Harris) and losing nominees in following categories:
- Best actor
- Best actress
- Best supporting actor
- Best supporting actress, and;
- Best director
The 2015 Academy Awards Swag Bag. Image courtesy of Distinctive Assets.
This year's 'swag bag' is reported to be the most expensive ever, costing almost double of 2014's.
Each of the losing Oscar nominees will walk away with a gift bag valued at R1 941 208. What is more interesting is the contents of each comfort hamper this year. Among the 80 risqué and extravagant gifts are:
- R232 455 worth of Audi rentals for an entire year from Silvercar
- R169 506 luxury rail trip through the Canadian Rockies
- 10 sessions valued at R10 460 with celebrity trainer, Alexis Seletzky
- A R133 662 Italian luxury hotel package with nights stays at 3 different Grand Hotels
- A home spa system for R58 811
- A R47 281 non-invasive liposuction wearable device from Ventura Lipo-Light
- A vibrator from Afterglow Science costing R2 905
- An “O-Shot” couples procedure that enhances orgasms for R 58 114
Other gifts include luxury condoms, candy, wine, shoes, candles cosmetics, jewelry, furniture and a whole lot more.
Read here for a more detailed look into the racy gift bag.
The live red carpet of previews, celebrity interviews, and insider news will be broadcast in South Africa at 02:00 on Monday 23 February 2015 on DStv channel 103, and the ceremony will be aired thereafter at 03:30. If you miss it, you can also catch rebroadcast at 19:30 on DStv channel 101.
This article first appeared on 702 : Oscar losers walk away with a gift bag for the pain - worth over R1.9 million