7 ways to keep the love strong (and your relationship happy)
Relationships are a beautiful thing, but require work and investment.
Partners need to show effort and initiative in order to have a successful relationship, explains behavioural psychologist Dr Helgo Schomer.
Dr Schomer advises that couples should appreciate their relationship more and put in the time and effort needed to make it sustainable.
He adds that it is important for partners to meet each other half way and reciprocate displays of commitment.
Reciprocation; give and take is essential.Dr Helgo Schomer, behavioural psychologist
According to Dr Schomer, these tips will help keep your relationship happy and healthy:
- don't take the relationship for granted
- make a special effort and put the relationship first
- seek to meet the other person's needs
- know when or when not to change (stay adaptable and felixible)
- be in love for love, not to make up for your deficiencies
- love each other, not the idealisation of each other
- tolerate what you cannot change
Take a listen to his invaluable advice: