STATION: PRIMEDIA BROADCASTING
BRANCH: Sandton DEPARTMENT: SALES
REPORT TO: Johannesburg Sales Manager
TITLE: Agency Sales Account Executive
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: • Matric • Computer Literacy e.g. Windows 2007, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint • Sales Skills, Negotiation and Presentation Skills courses. • Driver’s Licence • Minimum of 6 years Media Sales Experience
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Computer Literacy e.g. Windows 2007, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint
- Ability to think strategically
- Excellent selling skills
- Excellent business written and communication skills.
- Ability to conceptualise, prepare and present radio concepts in writing
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently as well as within a team
- Ability to sell business solutions across all Primedia Broadcasting brands
- Initiative & follow Through
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to build trust and customer loyalty to all Primedia Broadcasting brands
- Attention to detail
- Ability to liaise with senior decision makers
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Radio, as well as the media industry in general
- Appropriate Social Media Knowledge: Internet, Face book, Twitter.
- Ability to cope under pressure
- Good attitude to colleagues-clients-team
- Tenacity adaptability
- High level of energy
- Dedication / driven
- Innovative / proactive
KEY OUTPUTS: 1. Knowledge of own brands and products a. Having in-depth knowledge of the four radio station brands and products that the AE represents. b. Understanding how your radio brands and converged media opportunities measure up against competitor brands c. Understanding how the radio brands measure up in the broader media landscape d. Having a solid understanding of the broad media landscape
2. Knowledge of client brands and the market landscape a. Ability to interpret a brief and develop a strategically relevant proposal b. Having sufficient understanding about a brand and its category in order to be able to hold a meaningful conversation with the client/agency c. The willingness and ability to embrace social media and digital innovations personally and to understand how it integrates with media and marketing
3. Service delivery and professionalism a. Timeliness – being on time, whether it is internally or externally. Delivering proposals promptly b. Preparedness – being suitably prepared for meetings both internally and externally c. After sales service d. Presentations – well constructed and relevant proposals e. Listening skills – being able to understand what has been requested. f. Availability – being readily available and promptly replying to calls/messages whether inside or outside of office hours. Internally and externally. g. Communication – ensuring that campaigns are delivered as agreed. Working inter-departmentally to achieve this outcome and communicating timeously with client/agency on the process and outcome. h. Execution – ensuring that campaigns are delivered as agreed i. Admin – the efficiency of the AE back office follow up in all areas: when required to provide market intelligence or administrative records and information internally by managers or peers, and externally, to the end of achieving a successful campaign outcome and execution. j. Upholding the premium brand status of the PMB brands and negotiating to upsell and improve schedule optimization at all times.
4. Innovation a. Presenting relevant innovative opportunities in proposals b. Using initiative and proactively finding and presenting relevant opportunities c. Periodically presenting NEW information/insights about the radio brands and products.
a. The extent to which the AE seeks to make and take decisions independently
b. The extent to which the AE negotiates for flexibility taking into
account both clients wishes and the win-win outcome for the brands.
6. Involvement a. The extent to which the AE displays commitment and involvement in his/her media brands b. general passion and energy that the AE displays in his/her job c. The willingness of the AE to go the extra mile for his/her clients. d. The willingness of the AE to go the extra mile to provide value in the team as a whole -to generate ideas, offer help with internal and external functions and generally contribute to enhancing the PMB sales team performance as a whole.
Send your detailed CV to Broadcastingcv1@primedia.co.za with the Subject Line Agency Sales AE. The closing date for applications is 8th March 2017.
Suitable candidates will be selected in accordance with Primedia Broadcasting’s Employment Equity Policy. Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
This article first appeared on 702 : Agency Sales Account Executive