SA1st Forum's convener Rod Solomons has released the following details for protest action against President Jacob Zuma this week in Cape Town.
Mindful of the fact that various organizations & individuals are busy with certain activities in order to indicate their unhappiness at the current state of affairs in our country we got together to try and guide people in respect of their choices. Here-under are the agreed to activities that the # SA1st Forum have agreed to collaborate on with others like SaveSA, CASAC, Ndifuna Ukwazi; Right to Know; S27; Reclaim the City; TAC; Social Justice Coalition; faith organizations; etc.
- Thursday (6 April 2017)
- 12pm....A 'holding hands' picket from outside the gates of Parliament down Plein Street, down Spin Street, up Adderley & Wale Streets till St.George's cathedral.
2pm...Cape Town Memorial Service for the late Ahmed Kathrada at St. George's Cathedral...Pravin Gordhan will be the keynote speaker.
- 5pm....Set-up of Vukani Mzansi 2 tent camp to conduct a 48 hour picket & cultural program till Saturday Morning ( corner of Adderley Street; Wale Street & Government Avenue)....between St. George's cathedral & Slave lodge museum.
- Friday (7 April 2017) from 10am
- Human chain along key main roads into the Cape Town CBD.
- Along the main rd from Simonstown into the Cape Town CBD.
- Along Voortrekker rd from Bellville into the Cape Town CBD.
- Along the west coast road into Marine Parade Drive into the Cape Town CBD from Atlantis
- Along Jakes Gerwel drive down Kipfontein road into the Mowbray Main road from Mitchell's Plain
- People can then join a "concerned civil society" march that will start at 12pm from Kaizergracht Street to the gates of Parliament. ( if you are not along any of these routes, please try and get to it or start a human chain within your community).
- Every Thursday between 12-1pm.....pickets outside Parliament leading to community pickets in various communities of the Western Cape & SA on 27 April (Freedom Day).
We suggest that people wear white or something with the South African flag on it. Also please bring your flags & you can make your own posters. Some suggested messaging on your posters can be:
'Yes We Will'.... 'Recall Parliament'..... 'Don't Junk SA'.... 'Zuma must Go'.... 'No to the Nuclear deal'..... ( Please no vile or rude messaging),
Our country is facing a crisis and good people CANNOT afford to be silent & do nothing. Here is your opportunity to get involved & encourage your family & friends to do the same.
This phase of our activities will be done under the rallying call of #YESWEWILL!
ENKOSI Dankie THANK YOU
Adv. Rod Solomons Convenor: SA1st Forum
A memorial will be held on Thursday at 2pm and former finance minister Pravin Gordhan will speak.