Dangor says Dlamini should take the blame for Sassa saga

Former Social Development Director-General Zane Dangor says attempts to resolve the Sassa grants saga were belittled by Social Development Minister Bathabile Dlamini and that she should take responsibility for the saga.

Dangor has filed papers in the Constitutional Court explaining his side of the story.

He says Dlamini bypassed officials from the department, contributing to the crisis.

Gia Nicolaides has been following developments on the story.

He says that she undermined his abilities to provide leadership and guidance to his staff, and he says this was followed up by texts from the minister to his cellphone claiming that his involvement in the pursuit for a solution showed him to be macho and racist.

Gia Nicolaides, EWN reporter

So, directly pointing fingers back at the minister because as we know, she has put the blame solely on the Sassa officials, in particular, Zane Dangor and Sassa CEO Thokozani Magwaza.

Gia Nicolaides, EWN reporter

Magwaza has provided a similar statement.

He is saying something very similar in these papers. He says that the minister knew as far back as July 2015 that Sassa wouldn’t be able to take over the payments system from CPS. He says the minister had apparently taken over the process to find a new payment distributor and told him and Sass not to interrupt this process….

Gia Nicolaides, EWN reporter

He is essentially saying Dlamini lied in her papers to the Constitutional Court about the role she played in this entire crisis.

Gia Nicolaides, EWN reporter

Click below to listen to the full report...

CapeTalk welcomes all comments that are constructive, contribute to discussions in a meaningful manner and take stories forward.

However, we will NOT condone the following:

  • Racism (including offensive comments based on ethnicity and nationality)
  • Sexism
  • Homophobia
  • Religious intolerance
  • Cyber bullying
  • Hate speech
  • Derogatory language
  • Comments inciting violence.

We ask that your comments remain relevant to the articles they appear on and do not include general banter or conversation as this dilutes the effectiveness of the comments section.

We strive to make the CapeTalk community a safe and welcoming space for all.

CapeTalk reserves the right to: 1) remove any comments that do not follow the above guidelines; and, 2) ban users who repeatedly infringe the rules.

Should you find any comments upsetting or offensive you can also flag them and we will assess it against our guidelines.

CapeTalk is constantly reviewing its comments policy in order to create an environment conducive to constructive conversations.

Read More
Sassa CEO disputes Bathabile Dlamini's version of events

Sassa CEO disputes Bathabile Dlamini's version of events

Min. Bathabile Dlamini filed court papers claiming she wasn't properly informed about the crisis, blaming Sassa CEO and officials.

Sassa has paid 87% of WC social grants, but beneficiaries still short-changed

Sassa has paid 87% of WC social grants, but beneficiaries still short-changed

The South African Social Security Agency says it has paid most beneficiaries in the province, however illegal deductions continue.

Sassa CEO wants to offer his version of grant payment crisis

Sassa CEO wants to offer his version of grant payment crisis

Thokozani Magwaza has applied to ConCourt for permission to file his own affidavit saying Minister Dlamini is lying.

Over 3 million grant beneficiaries paid - Sassa

Over 3 million grant beneficiaries paid - Sassa

Grant payments went smoothly in the Western Cape and no glitches were reported, according to Sassa.

Sassa: So far so good with grant payments

Sassa: So far so good with grant payments

National Spokesperson of Sassa, Paseka Letsatsi, says they are pleased with the grant payments which started April 1.

Popular articles
Meet Whitey Basson (the retail guru who turned Shoprite into a R127bn behemoth)

Meet Whitey Basson (the retail guru who turned Shoprite into a R127bn behemoth)

The Money Show’s Bruce Whitfield interviews the former CEO of Africa’s largest retailer by far.

CT airport shooting attempted hit on gang boss allegedly linked to '28s' -expert

CT airport shooting attempted hit on gang boss allegedly linked to '28s' -expert

A policing expert explains that the airport shooting may be linked to the shooting at a Stellenbosch nightclub this past weekend.

Almost 30 million SA ID numbers compromised after site hacked

Almost 30 million SA ID numbers compromised after site hacked

Independent Marketing Consultant in the Technology Space, Andrew Fraser says this looks like a leak and not a hack.

Cape Town International Airport shooting could be gang related - ACSA

Cape Town International Airport shooting could be gang related - ACSA

The incident happened in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

Kloof Street residents living in fear as crime multiplies

Kloof Street residents living in fear as crime multiplies

A Cape Town man was stabbed to death on Saturday while trying to assist two women who were being mugged on Kloof street.