Language evolves at the pace of the people using it. As new practices and concepts become popular old words change their meaning or new words are created. Some of the new words are created from current words called portmanteau's although you might prefer frankenword (itself a portmanteau).
Here is a list of words harvested from Urban Dictionary and defined with pictures by Buzzfeed. We have simply chosen just 10 to make it easier for you to remember and use. You can enjoy all 27 once you are happy with these.
- Chairdrobe - your wardrobe on a chair
- Nomonym - food that tastes similar to other food
- Beerboarding - getting info out of someone you got drunk
- Masturdating - going to a restaurant or a show on your own
- Askhole - someone who asks pointless questions
- Cellfish - inconsiderate cellphone behaviour when with others
- Textpectation - the anticipation of waiting for a message reply
- Carcolepsy - falling asleep when in cars
- Dudevorce - the formal end to a relationship between males
- Errorist - someone who is often wrong
This was originally posted on Buzzfeed by Daniel Dalton.