Kieno Kammies shows us how to make these fluffy clouds with their sunshine centres, a fad sweeping across social media.
I have been tasked with trying to make 'Hlaudi' Motsoeneng...sorry I mean cloudy eggs.— Kieno Kammies, CapeTalk host
1. Separate the yolks from the whites and place in two different bowls.
- Whisk the white until thick and fluffy.
- Fold in any extra ingredients like ham, cheese and herbs.
- Place in piles on a baking sheet, making sure to leave a hole for the yolk.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 450°F/230°C oven for 5-8 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and pop the yolk in the hole, return and bake for three more minutes.
- Remove and serve.
It can turn out like a gourmet feast...
A tad overcooked...
But however they turn out, you will be 'on trend' and if low carb is your thing, then what a perfect variation from the usual boiled, scrambled or fried version.
This article first appeared on 702 : Cloud eggs are a new craze, here's how it's done (with no egg on your face)