A clinical forensic specialist says it is not plausible that Henri van Breda's injuries were sustained during a tussle with an alleged attacker.
Dr Marianne Tiemensma resumed her testimony in the Western Cape High Court on Tuesday, arguing that van Breda' s injuries could have been self-inflicted.
She says all of the cuts were uniform. There were two cuts on his chest that were parallel to each other.— Monique Mortlock, EWN reporter
Because these cuts were of similar shape and size, it is highly unlikely that it was caused by someone else.— Monique Mortlock, EWN reporter
The forensic expert's testimony was cut short last week when the defence requested its own expert be present when she gave evidence, reports EWN's Monique Mortlock.
Tiemensma explained that injuries don't correspond with van Breda's claim that he was hurt while struggling against an alleged attacker.
She says that his injuries could only have been inflicted in their manner if he was standing still, Mortlock explains.
Tiemensma has told the court the shape and sizes of van Breda’s injuries show they were self-inflicted.
Tiemensma says the position #VanBreda alleges him & the attacker had been in, doesn't match his injuries. MM— EWN Reporter (@ewnreporter) May 23, 2017
The forensic specialist also called into question claims that van Breda was unconscious for a longer than a minute after the attack.
#VanBreda Tiemensma:90% of concussions don't result in person losing consciousness.If unconscious,it only last couple of seconds to a minute— EWN Reporter (@ewnreporter) May 23, 2017
Take a listen to the full EWN update: