It's important to constantly clear out the clutter in your life, says behavioural psychologist Dr Helgo Schomer.
Dr Schomer says people often clutter their lives with too many material possessions, sentimental items or past relationships.
He advises that letting go of a past relationship is a huge step and is an important part of defining one's life.
Letting go is a trust in renewal. I let this go, and make space for the new.— Dr Helgo Schomer, behavioural psychologist
Dr Schomer says people must ask themselves the following questions before deciding to let go:
- what purpose has the object or relationship served in the past?
- what does it serve now?
- does it still enhance your life?
- is it worth investing energy/effort in?
- can you see yourself without the object or relationship?
- if not, why are you holding on?
Also read: Top 10 ways to get work-life balance right
He says it is important to be honest with yourself when asking these questions.
Take a listen to his expert advice and callers share their experiences: