BRANCH: Sandton - Jhb DEPARTMENT: 702 Programming
REPORT TO: 702 Station Manager TITLE: Producer
- Journalism or equivalent degree.
- 3 years experience in radio or a related field.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Basic computer literacy including word processing, internet, e-mail and other broadcast programmes such as phonebox, and sms line.
- Good organisational skills.
- Extensive general news knowledge.
- Ability to identify interesting topics for Talk Radio.
- A network of contacts within the media and in society.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Team player.
- Ability to be calm and diplomatic in crisis situations.
KEY OUTPUTS: The key output is content production, direction of the show whilst on air and post show follow up, which will include the following:
- Attend daily feedback/planning meetings.
- Effective call screening techniques.
- Generate ideas for the show content, monitor and follow up on developing stories.
- Set up content, produce final running order and forward planning.
- Conduct the required research.
- Consult and liaise with presenter, co-producer, and all related stakeholders.
- Consult and liaise with digital content teams to develop a collaborative approach to developing stories across platforms.
- Identify stories that have been on-air that may be carried further on-line either in social media or one of Primedia Broadcasting’s websites.
- Identify calls and SMS’s to the show that could be used to supplement on-line content for example EWN stories.
- Monitor social media for feedback on show topics and ideas.
- Provide final briefing to presenter before the show.
- Provide feedback to the presenter after the show.
- Liaise with newsroom / other stakeholders.
- Comply with the programming strategy of the Station and all legal requirements for broadcasting.
- Capture information on the 702 website.
- Compile show podcasts and promo on a daily basis.
- All other show administration including processing payments, such as contributors’ payments.
Send your detailed CV to Broadcastingcv1@primedia.co.za with the Subject Line Producer. The closing date for applications is 21st June 2017.
Suitable candidates will be selected in accordance with Primedia Broadcasting’s Employment Equity Policy. Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.