Former KZN African National Congress (ANC) chair, Senzo Mchunu says he is relieved by a High Court ruling on Tuesday declaring the outcome of the 2015 KZN ANC provincial elective conference unlawful.
Mchunu was forced to resign last year after losing the ANC’s provincial leadership race to Sihle Zikalala, which led to ANC branches requesting that the party’s 2015 elective conference be scrapped and the current leadership nullified.
The provincial executive committee has now been disbanded.
It is not something you feel any joy about because in the first place we should not have gone there, we should as the ANC be able to handle our matters efficiently.— Senzo Mchunu, former KZN ANC chair
Nonetheless there is quite a relief on the mater because it has been going on for some time.— Senzo Mchunu, former KZN ANC chair
Asked if he is now the chair, Mchunu said it is not a straight forward matter.
It does mean that a decision has been taken and they are no longer the lawful leadership of the province.— Senzo Mchunu, Former KZN ANC chair
Click on the link below to listen to the full audio...
This article first appeared on 702 : Former KZN ANC chair relieved over High Court ruling