Suspended Gauteng Department of Health head Dr Barney Selebano admitted on Thursday to the Life Esidimeni arbitration that he had signed a plan to move psychiatric patients to unlicensed NGOs in October last year, and not in October 2015 as he had previously said.
At the time, more than 1 700 patients had been moved.
Dr Selebano was giving testimony at the hearings for a third day.
Eyewitness News reporter Masego Rahlaga has more. Rahlaga says he contradicted himself at times.
He has been saying he takes accountability and yes he is the one that signed the letter of termination and plan to move the patients, but at the same time he would contradict himself between the dates and the hours of his testimony.— Masego Rahlaga, EWN reporter
At one point he said he did fear standing up against Qedani Mahlangu but later on that day he was saying now he didn't really mean that he was scared, he just meant that when she would bring a paper its just how government works, there is this hostile situation because you are supposed to do what the political head says.— Masego Rahlaga, EWN reporter
Click on the link below to the full report....
This article first appeared on 702 : #LifeEsidimeni: 'Gauteng's suspended Health HoD's testimony was contradictory'