According to the South African Weather Service, heavy downpours are is expected for Monday which could lead to localised flooding due to a cold front that is expected to make landfall late in the afternoon.
There is also rain forecast for Wednesday and Thursday.
The statement issued by SA Weather Service states:
• Rain expected mainly for the western parts of the Western Cape, spreading to the south coast late evening. According to the forecast, 5-20mm can be expected for the western parts, with 25-30mm over the mountainous areas.
• Heavy downpours are possible as well as pooling and flooding in places in the Cape Metropole, Winelands and Overberg District. Minor impacts can be expected. Morning showers are still expected for tomorrow morning, clearing in the afternoon.
• A cut-off low is expected to approach from the west on Wednesday, bringing rain to the western parts of the Western Cape in the evening, into Thursday morning.
• Showers and thundershowers are possible. Rainfall amounts of 5-20mm can be expected, with 20-35mm over the western mountains.
• Heavy downpours, flooding, and strong winds may be expected in places over the Cape Metropole, Winelands and Overberg District.
• Minor to possibly significant impacts can be expected. No significant weather is expected for Friday.
All hold thumbs please! https://t.co/GWa0cToMBA— Helen Zille (@helenzille) April 22, 2018
⚠ Multiple weather warnings across the province today: 🌧 heavy rain/flooding in Cape Town, Cape Winelands & parts of the Overberg, and 🔥 wildfire warnings for Central Karoo, Eden & Breede River Valley. Details: https://t.co/qiMquBRCL2. 📷: @SAWeatherServic pic.twitter.com/PurPvQ21ou— Western Cape Gov (@WesternCapeGov) April 23, 2018