UPDATE: This article has been updated to reflect the changes to the train schedule. A previous version stated that all train services had been suspended. This is no longer true.
Cape Town commuters can expect major delays of up to an hour after a train fire at Cape Town station.
Two trains were set alight at Cape Town station on Tuesday as rail operator Prasa briefed Parliament on its strategy to deal with train attacks.
Prasa says no trains will be allowed inbound or outbound until further notice.
Transport minister Blade Nzimande attended the briefing with Parliament's portfolio committee on transport.
Nzimande says he believes that the spate of train fires seem to be deliberate attacks to destabilise Prasa, reports EWN's Monique Mortlock.
Prasa board chairperson Khanyisile Kweyama admitted that they have a mammoth task ahead of them to get the operator back on track.
Transport minister Blade Nzimande says he believes it's not a coincidence that the train fire happened the same time as this Prasa briefing.— Monique Mortlock, EWN reporter
Metrorail regional manager Richard Walker walked out. He was making calls and he looked stressed. He responded really quickly.— Monique Mortlock, EWN reporter
Visit Cape Town trains on Twitter for regular updates.
Listen to the EWN update: