[LISTEN] Painting worth MILLIONS missing from Magashule's old office
The Hawks are investigating the disappearance of a multi-million rand painting from the office of the former Premier of the Free State, Ace Magashule.
It is believed that the painting - by South African landscape master JH Pierneef - was placed among Magashule's personal belongings when his office was cleared out earlier this year.
Investigative Journalist, Pieter-Louis Myburgh says the painting, which is owned by the provincial government, is worth between R6 million and R8 million.
It is part of quite a valuable and substantial art collection owned by the government, so in effect, it is owned by the South African taxpayer.Pieter-Louis Myburgh, investigative journalist
The story, at this stage, seems to go as follows - it was during that period of him moving his personal belongings from his office in Bloemfontein that the painting was accidentally placed among items labelled as the former premier's personal belongings.Pieter-Louis Myburgh, investigative journalist
Then the painting was taken, either by Magashule or a staff member on high-security detail, to Magashule's residence in Bloemfontein where the then-premier told this official that he could have the painting. What will now have to happen is a proper criminal investigation will have to determine whether there is any weight to that version of events.Pieter-Louis Myburgh, investigative journalist
Click on the link below to find out more about the painting....
This article first appeared on 702 : [LISTEN] Painting worth MILLIONS missing from Magashule's old office
The SA Drug Policy Initiative says the prohibition of booze and cigarettes has had harmful health, social, economic, and criminal effects.Read More
We must now try and rescue what's left of the economy, says Democratic Alliance (DA) leader John Steenhuisen.Read More
Teffo says the board's decision will not pass the test of rationality in a court of law in South Africa if it were challenged.Read More
Is there something more to the cigarette ban, asks political analyst Sanusha Naidoo. Why cigarettes and not alcohol?Read More
National Health Director-General Dr Anban Pillay explains Lockdown level 3 which will be implemented from 1 June.Read More
The Presidency of the Republic of South Africa released these key points outlining the level 3 lockdown for the country from 1 June.Read More
President Cyril Ramaphosa announced in an address to the nation that SA will move down to Level 3 lockdown from 1 June.Read More
The President has delivered a lockdown update - listen to his explanation of the move to Level 3 from 1 June.Read More
A survey by teacher unions shows that 92% of SA's schools are not ready and safe to re-open says Natu's Cynthia Barnes.Read More
The president is set to address a nation anxiously awaiting a drop in the lockdown level, at 7pm on Sunday.Read More