Do you know your partner intimately enough? Here's how to tell
How well do you know your partner?
The basis of any relationship is not sexual technique or style. It's friendship, says clinical sexologist and relationship guru, Dr Eve.
Dr Eve says it's important for couples to honestly and frequently check in on each other about their likes, dislikes, needs, desires, beliefs, fears and life dreams.
The only way you know someone is by talking to them.Dr Eve, clinical sexologist
If you don't start off with a deep knowledge of each other Dr Eve says, it's easy for your relationship to fall apart.
Alo read: Read more: Sex driving a wedge in your relationship? Uncovering sexual desire discrepancy
If you can't answer most of the following questions, you may have a lot of work to do on your relationship this year:
- Name my two closest friends.
- What was I wearing when we first met?
- Name one of my hobbies.
- What stresses am I facing right now?
- Describe in detail what I did today or yesterday.
- What is my fondest unrealised dream?
- What is one of my greatest fears or disaster scenarios?
- What is my favourite way to spend an evening?
- What is one of my favourite ways to be soothed?
- What is my favourite getaway place?
- What are some of the important events coming up in my life? How do I feel about them?
- What are some of my favourite ways to work out?
- Name one of my major rivals or “enemies.”
- What would I consider my ideal job?
- What medical problems do I worry about?
- What was my most embarrassing moment?
- Name one of my favourite novels/movies.
- What is my favourite restaurant?
Visit Dr Eve's website to learn more about how to deepen your relationship intimacy.
Listen to her describe an important relationship exercise and share more expert advice:
Certified Financial Planner Paul Roelofse on what Warren Buffett ("The Greatest Investor Ever") has to teach us, right now.Read More
Africa Check's Caley Clifford and Naphtali Khumalo share five red flags to watch out for.Read More
It's Savings Month and parenting expert Nikki Bush has valuable advice on teaching your child about money from a young age.Read More
Business and executive coach Dawn Klatzko says one of the things you need in your survival tactics is to practise diplomacy.Read More
Times are tough. Don’t spare her feelings! You must ask these questions of your advisor, implores Galileo Capital's Warren Ingram.Read More
Law says if a traditional healer is part of medical council with a registered number he or she can write a medical certificate.Read More
Consultant and coach Anja Van Beek shares advice on what should go into your curriculum vitae.Read More
Certified financial planner Kirsty Scully shares her advice on teaching children about the value of money.Read More
Consumer journalist Wendy Knowler examines buyers' rights and the just-released Banking Services Ombudsman's report.Read More
The Money Show's Bruce Whitfield interviews Chris Sloane, author of “Use Some Common Cents to Build Financial Independence”.Read More