Streaming issues? Report here
money-show-thumbnailjpg money-show-thumbnailjpg
The Money Show with Bruce Whitfield
18:00 - 20:00
volume_up
volume_mute

Up Next: Tonight with Lester Kiewit
See full line-up
The Money Show with Bruce Whitfield
18:00 - 20:00

Home
arrow_forward
Politics

Pule Mabe to return to work after being cleared of sexual harassment allegations

18 February 2019 9:49 PM
Tags:
Sexual assault
Sexual harrassment
Pule Mabe
ANC spokesperson Pule Mabe
Last year, Mabe took special leave after his former personal assistant claimed he harassed her on three different occasions.

African National Congress (ANC) spokesperson Pule Mabe has been cleared of internal sexual harassment allegations lodged by his former personal assistant and will be back at work this week.

The ANC confirmed the news on Monday.

Mabe was placed on special leave last year after the 26-year-old accused Mabe of wanting to have sex with her in exchange for the job.

The former employee claimed he harassed her on three different occasions and cut her salary when she spoke out.

READ: ANC Spokesperson Pule Mabe accused of sexual harassment

It is said the grievance panel found no evidence supporting the claim.

Acting ANC National spokesperson Dakota Legoete shares more details.

In the evidence that was submitted by the complainant, it has been established by the panel that some of that particular evidence lacked the necessary substance which corroborate her case in saying there was sexual harassment happened.

Dakota Legoete, Acting national spokesperson - ANC

This particular case is the first of its kind in our headquarters so what the panel has recommended is that we as the ANC, remain respectful to the rights and protection of women.

Dakota Legoete, Acting national spokesperson - ANC

The panel has recommended that within 90 days we must officially have a policy on sexual harassment, proper protocol lines be established where principals and their subordinates need to know that none of them can unilaterally change the conditions of service of anyone without following proper procedure.

Dakota Legoete, Acting national spokesperson - ANC

Click on the link below to get the full story....


This article first appeared on 702 : Pule Mabe to return to work after being cleared of sexual harassment allegations


18 February 2019 9:49 PM
Tags:
Sexual assault
Sexual harrassment
Pule Mabe
ANC spokesperson Pule Mabe

Recommended

More from Politics

Cigarettes and alcohol 123rfbusiness 123rflifestyle 123rf

Ban on alcohol and tobacco has had harmful effects - SA Drug Policy Initiative

26 May 2020 12:35 PM

The SA Drug Policy Initiative says the prohibition of booze and cigarettes has had harmful health, social, economic, and criminal effects.

Share this:
Read More arrow_forward

john steenhuisen

More court cases are coming, particularly relating to the cigarette ban - DA

25 May 2020 1:34 PM

We must now try and rescue what's left of the economy, says Democratic Alliance (DA) leader John Steenhuisen.

Share this:
Read More arrow_forward

glenda-graygif

Analyst Prof Lesiba Teffo slams SAMRC's throwing Dr Glenda Gray under the bus

25 May 2020 1:08 PM

Teffo says the board's decision will not pass the test of rationality in a court of law in South Africa if it were challenged.

Share this:
Read More arrow_forward

20200425ndzonlevel4jpg

Cigarette ban: Is it because Government cares? Is it ANC factional politics?

25 May 2020 11:40 AM

Is there something more to the cigarette ban, asks political analyst Sanusha Naidoo. Why cigarettes and not alcohol?

Share this:
Read More arrow_forward

200422-cigarettes-edjpg

Health Dep DG: Smoking is affecting smokers, it's not affecting anybody else

25 May 2020 7:24 AM

National Health Director-General Dr Anban Pillay explains Lockdown level 3 which will be implemented from 1 June.

Share this:
Read More arrow_forward

Lockdown levels South Africa Covid-19 coronavirus 123rf

[GRAPHICS] Lockdown level 3 at a glance

24 May 2020 9:28 PM

The Presidency of the Republic of South Africa released these key points outlining the level 3 lockdown for the country from 1 June.

Share this:
Read More arrow_forward

president-cyril-ramaphosa-24-maypng

Level 3 from 1 June: Exercise hours relaxed, alcohol ban lifted, but no ciggies

24 May 2020 8:17 PM

President Cyril Ramaphosa announced in an address to the nation that SA will move down to Level 3 lockdown from 1 June.

Share this:
Read More arrow_forward

200330-ramaphosa-edjpg

[WATCH] President Cyril Ramaphosa addresses an anxious nation

24 May 2020 5:00 PM

The President has delivered a lockdown update - listen to his explanation of the move to Level 3 from 1 June.

Share this:
Read More arrow_forward

classroom covid-19 coronavirus mask school

Natu teachers 'not returning' to school on Monday: 'We can't gamble with lives'

24 May 2020 1:12 PM

A survey by teacher unions shows that 92% of SA's schools are not ready and safe to re-open says Natu's Cynthia Barnes.

Share this:
Read More arrow_forward

ramaphosagif

President Cyril Ramaphosa to address SA on Sunday evening

24 May 2020 9:57 AM

The president is set to address a nation anxiously awaiting a drop in the lockdown level, at 7pm on Sunday.

Share this:
Read More arrow_forward