CapeTalk logo 2017 1500 x 1500 CapeTalk logo 2017 1500 x 1500

Entertainment

[WATCH] I write my best love songs when I'm completely lonely- Eric Benet

4 April 2019 3:30 PM
Music
eric benet
soulful night

Azania Mosaka speaks to neo-soul singer Eric Benet about his upcoming show.

Finally, R&B and neo-soul singer-songwriter and actor Eric Benét will be performing in South Africa after 19 years.

Benét says the delay has been the result of deals failing with the promoters.

He will be performing a one night only concert at Sun Arena, Time Square in Pretoria on 6 April 2019.

The platinum-selling hit-maker will be performing songs like 'Hurricane', 'Georgy Porgy' and 'Spend My Life With You', to the ballads 'I Wanna Be Loved', 'Sometimes I Cry', 'Chocolate Legs' and 'Real Love'.

For me, the best love songs I write when I'm completely lonely and not in love.

Eric Benét , Musician

When I'm writing music, I am able to become vulnerable. As an artist, you need to know how to get into the epicentre of what your feelings are.

Eric Benét , Musician

A lot of people mistakenly believe that vulnerability is a weakness but vulnerability is strength.

Eric Benét , Musician

Watch the battle of the accents Benet did with our very ow Khabazela...

This article first appeared on 702 : [WATCH] I write my best love songs when I'm completely lonely- Eric Benet

4 April 2019 3:30 PM
Music
eric benet
soulful night

Recommended

More from Entertainment

sophie-rebecca-ballet-dancerjpg

Meet Sophie Rebecca, the trans ballet dancer challenging long-held stereotypes

10 July 2020 11:14 AM

UK ballet dancer Sophie Rebecca is the first openly transgender person to train on the Royal Academy of Dance's syllabus for female dancers.

newspapers-pngpng

Media24 will shut down these magazines and newspaper titles

7 July 2020 11:45 AM

Publisher Media24 has announced that a number of newspapers and magazines in its portfolio will either be closed or restructured.

Frog in a pot

Are we boiling frogs? And why do SUV drivers look so confused, asks Tom Eaton

6 July 2020 8:18 PM

The Money Show’s Bruce Whitfield interviews columnist Tom Eaton about his new book, "Is it me, or is it getting hot in here?"

Drive-in cinema 123rf 123rfbusiness 123rflifestyle

Ster-Kinekor may open drive-ins in 'one or two locations where it makes sense'

6 July 2020 7:25 PM

"We’ve done all of the back-end work. There are one or two locations where it will make sense," says CEO Ryan Williams.

greg-chalmerspng

[WATCH] Golfer David Poulter caught farting on mic, and his hilarious response

6 July 2020 11:28 AM

Golfer Ian Poulter 'let one rip' as they say just after opponent Greg Chalmers was teeing off at the Travelers Championship.

d4-mtjfwwaau-bljpg

'She was a magnificent performer' - Sello Maake ka-Ncube remembers Mary Twala

5 July 2020 11:06 AM

Actor Sello Maake ka-Ncube says Mary Twala has made an immense contribution to the South African television and film industry.

d4-mtjfwwaau-bljpg

South Africans pay tribute to iconic actress Mary Twala

5 July 2020 9:11 AM

Legendary South African actress Mary Twala passed away at the age of 80.

capetalk-micjpg

CapeTalk shakes up its daytime, weekend and early morning line-up

3 July 2020 4:56 PM

You heard it here first: CapeTalk will introduce a new daytime, weekday line-up starting from Monday, 6 July 2020.

swing-cityjpg

Swing City's Graeme Watkins on the Standard Bank (virtual) Jazz Festival

2 July 2020 11:52 AM

This weekend, South African jazz lovers were blown away by the glorious sounds streaming into living rooms courtesy of Swing City.

grandwest-casion-reopensjpg

[WATCH] 'Endless line of cars' queue ahead of GrandWest Casino’s reopening

1 July 2020 12:55 PM

In scenes reminiscent of the day alcohol sales were unbanned – you’ve got to see it – gamblers queued to try their luck.