The travel disruption continues for thousands of MyCiti commuters this week as a contractual dispute between the City of Cape Town and the N2 express joint venture operating company remains unresolved.
The service, which runs from Khayelitsha and Mitchells Plain along the N2 highway, was suspended on Monday morning as a result of the dispute.
Eyewitness News reporter Monique Mortlock spoke to Mayoral committee (Mayco) member for Transport, Felicity Purchase on Tuesday afternoon for an update.
She said they were hoping to have it sorted by the end of the week, but she couldn't give me any clear answers because the City's lawyers are dealing with it and they're still in negotiations with the Taxi Association.— Monique Mortlock, Reporter - EWN
Mortlock says the City has a mechanism in place for those commuters on the affected route.
Those people will be able to claim for refunds. Especially those who last week bought monthlys or weeklys for the month of June.— Monique Mortlock, Reporter - EWN