A fire that broke out at the Radio Park Building of South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) on Tuesday morning has been extinguished.
To discuss what caused this fire and the subsequent evacuation, Clement Manyathela on the Xolani Gwala Show chats to the corporation's spokesperson Vuyo Mthembu.
I can confirm that a fire indeed broke out today at one of our canteens and I can also confirm that it has been extinguished.— Vuyo Mthembu, Spokesperson - SABC
Mthembu says employees were evacuated from the building and three workers are receiving medical treatment for smoke inhalation.
At this stage, we do not know what the cause of the fire is and an assessment is being done in that regard.— Vuyo Mthembu, Spokesperson - SABC
Listen below to the full interview
This article first appeared on 702 : SABC: 'Three workers are receiving medical treatment for smoke inhalation'