We are helping the SABC with turnaround strategy, says communications department
The Department of Communications, Telecommunications and Postal Services says it is helping the SABC to ensure the public broadcaster has a proper turnaround strategy after it was rejected by the department and the National Treasury last year.
The financial future of the public broadcaster is still uncertain, this after Treasury rejected their turnaround strategy.
The SABC is seeking R 6.8m in government guarantees.
The Department of Communications acting director general Nomvuyiso Batyi says the Government Technical Advisory Centre (GTAC's) services are being used.
They have been assisted in that respect.Nomvuyiso Batyi, Acting director general - Department of Communications
What we are talking about is tax payers money. A turnaround has to make sense so that SABC does not come back to government come two or three years from now. That is why they are being assisted in ensuring that they have a proper turnaround plan.Nomvuyiso Batyi, Acting director general - Department of Communications
Click on the link below to hear more...
This article first appeared on 702 : We are helping the SABC with turnaround strategy, says communications department
The public protector has briefed Parliament’s justice and correctional services committee about her office’s annual performance.Read More
Last month, Eskom shut down claims by the Democratic Alliance that load shedding was on the cards.Read More
Former Democratic Alliance leader Douglas Gibson weighs in on this weekend's upcoming elective conference.Read More
Political analyst Dr Ralph Mathekga says the candidates for the top position do not reflect the real debate in the party.Read More
In his resignation letter, Boughey - who had been CEO for the DA for five years - said that he had reached an agreement with the party in principle to resign.Read More
Judge Papi Mosopa handed down the sentence in the North Gauteng High Court on Thursday.Read More
Sasmef president Tebogo Kaas calculates cost of rolling blackouts, while union's Mike Shingange says Eskom board must go.Read More
Sentencing proceedings for the convicted child rapist are continuing in the Gauteng High Court.Read More
Opposition parties led by the DA in NMB plan to file a court interdict to ensure that the motion of no confidence is heard.Read More
The Pietermaritzburg pupil died in his mother's arms on Tuesday.Read More