[LISTEN] Masina addresses allegations against him and his administration
Ekhurhuleni mayor Mzwandile Masina has addressed allegations levelled against him and his administration.
An amaBhungane investigation recently revealed how the Ekurhuleni metro spent a staggering R1.9bn on a chemical toilets tender alleged to be a get rich quick scheme for underperforming contractors.
Masina says the R 1.9bn is wrong - R872m was spent under the two financial years to supply nearly 39,000 toilets in informal settlements.
He says the claims seek to isolate him and present him as corrupt.
The allegations want to isolate me as a person and present me as a corrupt mayor, which is not necessarily the truth because this thing happened before our time and there was nothing wrong done by the previous administration.Mzwandile Masina, Ekurhuleni mayor
Responding to claims that he lied to the council about a report that led to the suspension of chief operating officer Lesiba Mojapelo, Masina says he has no powers to suspend anyone.
It is not me who has lied, the person who says so must prove because he was not at the meeting. The council, not me, took a decision to suspend Mr Mojapelo.Mzwandile Masina, Ekurhuleni mayor
He must stop going to radio stations, he must appear and clear himself if there was no wrongdoing on his part.Mzwandile Masina, Ekurhuleni mayor
Click on the link below to hear more....
This article first appeared on 702 : [LISTEN] Masina addresses allegations against him and his administration
The public protector has briefed Parliament’s justice and correctional services committee about her office’s annual performance.Read More
Last month, Eskom shut down claims by the Democratic Alliance that load shedding was on the cards.Read More
Former Democratic Alliance leader Douglas Gibson weighs in on this weekend's upcoming elective conference.Read More
Political analyst Dr Ralph Mathekga says the candidates for the top position do not reflect the real debate in the party.Read More
In his resignation letter, Boughey - who had been CEO for the DA for five years - said that he had reached an agreement with the party in principle to resign.Read More
Judge Papi Mosopa handed down the sentence in the North Gauteng High Court on Thursday.Read More
Sasmef president Tebogo Kaas calculates cost of rolling blackouts, while union's Mike Shingange says Eskom board must go.Read More
Sentencing proceedings for the convicted child rapist are continuing in the Gauteng High Court.Read More
Opposition parties led by the DA in NMB plan to file a court interdict to ensure that the motion of no confidence is heard.Read More
The Pietermaritzburg pupil died in his mother's arms on Tuesday.Read More