Dros rape accused Nicholas Ninow pleads guilty
The 22-year-old man accused of raping a seven-year-old girl in the bathroom of a Dros restaurant in Pretoria in September last year has pleaded guilty.
Nicholas Ninow is standing trial in the High Court in Pretoria.
Eyewitness News reporter Edwin Ntshidi has more.
The accused mentioned via his lawyer that he is pleading guilty to the charges. I should also mention that a charge of kidnapping was withdrawn because apparently the child was not stolen.Edwin Ntshidi, Eyewitness News reporter
The first witness to take the stand was a woman who worked at Dros as a waitress. She detailed how she was serving alcohol to the accused, saying he had a number of beers, tequilas and so on.Edwin Ntshidi, Eyewitness News reporter
She detailed that the mother of the victim came to the toilet screaming for the child. A few minutes later the mother went out and came with the childminder of the restaurant and also one of the waitresses there.Edwin Ntshidi, Eyewitness News reporter
What transpired, according to the witness, is that they tried to push the door very hard. It eventually opened and she fought back Nicholas Ninow, who was topless.Edwin Ntshidi, Eyewitness News reporter
Listen below for more...
This article first appeared on 702 : Dros rape accused Nicholas Ninow pleads guilty
Nikki Bush says the word 'punishment' needs to be replaced with the term 'management' and provides appropriate parenting tips.Read More
Sports journalist Dylan Rogers on the Springboks' World Cup chances after coach Rassie Erasmus has turned the team around.Read More
EWN Sport goes Beyond the Touchline to find out why rugby is such a compelling game, what motivates the Springboks, and what their most memorable Rugby World Cup moment is.Read More
Statements After an Arrest Under the Immorality Act comes to The Fugard Studio Theatre from 17 September for a limited season.Read More
The official opposition lost two municipal wards to the ANC and the Freedom Front Plus in local bi-elections.Read More
The Skukuza Regional Court will stay put - for now - and the justice ministry will decide if the court must be shut and relocated.Read More
The Nelson Mandela Foundation's Luzuko Koti says they are not surprised by the ruling.Read More
Eyewitness News reporter Mia Lindeque gives reasons why the servicemen were suspended.Read More
Arabile Gumede interviews Stefaans Brummer, a journalist at the amaBhungane Centre for Investigative Journalism.Read More
The 25-year-old mother who killed her four children in Mpumalanga was sentenced at the Middelburg High Court on Friday.Read More