CapeTalk logo 2017 1500 x 1500

[WATCH] I have to push my own boundaries - Jesse Clegg on music and US collabs

17 September 2019 2:43 PM
Music
Artist
single
Jesse Clegg
Singer-songwriter Jesse Clegg has been working and touring in the US and says it's given him a new perspective on his own music.

South African singer-songwriter Jesse Clegg says stepping out of his comfort zone has allowed him to get to the heart of his creative voice.

Clegg has released a new single, titled Let It Burn, which he wrote while working with producers in Los Angeles.

He says the song is about the risk and vulnerability that comes with finding love.

The South African Music Awards-nominated artist has been working and touring in the US and says it's given him a new perspective on his own music

The musician lost his father, South African legend Johnny Clegg, in July this year and says his family remains strong for each other.

It's been a tough year on the personal front and it's a journey that my brother, my mom and I are going through.

Jesse Clegg

My dad would have wanted us to keep growing, keep living and keep doing our thing.

Jesse Clegg

You either connect with someone creatively or you don't.

Jesse Clegg

As a solo artist, I have to push my own boundaries and follow my own journey.

Jesse Clegg

Listen the discussion On The Yellow Couch with Pippa Hudson:

17 September 2019 2:43 PM
Music
Artist
single
Jesse Clegg

More from Entertainment

bsnvjpg

Hit dating reality show to feature first gay farmer on Thursday

17 October 2019 10:20 AM

'Boer Soek 'n Vrou' producer Roelof Storm explains why it took twelve seasons to feature a farmer looking for a same-sex soulmate.

180323 Cape Town International Jazz Festival 2018 5

'I’m very conscious about how I spend. I don’t buy fancy cars. I buy bargains'

14 October 2019 11:07 AM

Bruce Whitfield interviews Sipho Hotstix Mabuse about his attitude toward money (hopes and fears, successes and failures, etc.).

mo-molemijpg

[LISTEN] Rapper-turned-farmer Mo' Molemi: What makes him tick?

13 October 2019 2:24 PM

The former Morafe member on the memory of Motswako 'king' HHP, the lure of agriculture and his generation's responsibility to SA.

nianell.jpg

#OnTheYellowCouch with singer, and now author, Nianell

11 October 2019 3:23 PM

The SAMA award winner is turning her hand to writing with the release of her first book, “Life Simplified”.

shona-connie-fergusonjpg

Ferguson Films: Allegations by Vatiswa Ndara a ploy to tarnish our reputation

9 October 2019 3:50 PM

On Wednesday, the company released a statement addressing some of the allegations made by Vatiswa Ndara in her open letter.

jack-devnarain-actorjpg

Actors are told 'take it or leave it', says former 'Isidingo' star

9 October 2019 11:21 AM

Actor and chairman of the SA Guild of Actors, Jack Devnarain, describes the conditions faced by actors in the film and TV space.

buddy-mercury-sings-and-plays-pianopng

[VIDEO] Doggy sings and plays piano, as his toddler 'sister' dances

9 October 2019 10:13 AM

Rescue pooch Buddy Mercury and his little sis rock out as dad films adorable video.

sa-actresses-collagejpg

Underpaid and overworked - More of SA's top actors bemoan 'modern-day slavery'

8 October 2019 3:23 PM

Some of the country's finest acting talents have spoken out against unfair practices in the industry in support of Vatiswa Ndara.

rj-benjamin-youtube-screengrabjpg

My dad’s life was cut short. A big part of it was money - RJ Benjamin

8 October 2019 12:02 PM

Bruce Whitfield interviews RJ Benjamin about his attitude to money (hopes and fears, successes and failures, etc.).