Kieno Kammies 2019 1500 BW Kieno Kammies 2019 1500 BW
Today with Kieno Kammies

Up Next: The Midday Report with Lester Kiewit
Today with Kieno Kammies
Entertainment

[LISTEN] Rising singer songwriter Georgia Rose talks about following her passion

13 November 2019 12:56 PM
Music
Singer
Musician
singer songwriter
Georgia Rose

'My mom gave up on trying to tell me what to do at an early stage,' says Georgia and she has certainly followed her passion.

She’s being hailed as a triple threat in the music industry and has just released her second single 'Breathe you in.'

Her name is Georgia Rose, she's a new singing sensation and has recently been signed to John Fishlock, who has been responsible for artists such as Wet Wet Wet and Aretha Franklin.

She's a talented musician who not only sings but writes her own music and she joins Kineo Kammies live in studio to share her music and her journey.

Georgia hails from the town of George.

I always quite liked to listening to music and participating in the school choir. No one ever said 'you're the next Celine Dion', but I kept at it because I liked it.

Georgia Rose, Singer songwriter

I'd bump into someone from my mom's book club and they would say, so what are you really going to do now? I was getting so sick of it that I gave it a shot.

Georgia Rose, Singer songwriter

She studied a number of things from teaching to business, but realised she needed to follow her passion, and decided to give music a go.

I spent a season working on superyachts. And then I used that money to finance my first EP.

Georgia Rose, Singer songwriter

It helped her kickstart her career and make music on her own terms, she says.

I think my mom gave up on trying to tell me what to do at an early stage.

Georgia Rose, Singer songwriter

She sees herself as a bit of a rebel, although she started out in a private Catholic school.

Take a listen below to her music and her story:

13 November 2019 12:56 PM
Music
Singer
Musician
singer songwriter
Georgia Rose

Recommended

More from Entertainment

sophie-rebecca-ballet-dancerjpg

Meet Sophie Rebecca, the trans ballet dancer challenging long-held stereotypes

10 July 2020 11:14 AM

UK ballet dancer Sophie Rebecca is the first openly transgender person to train on the Royal Academy of Dance's syllabus for female dancers.

newspapers-pngpng

Media24 will shut down these magazines and newspaper titles

7 July 2020 11:45 AM

Publisher Media24 has announced that a number of newspapers and magazines in its portfolio will either be closed or restructured.

Frog in a pot

Are we boiling frogs? And why do SUV drivers look so confused, asks Tom Eaton

6 July 2020 8:18 PM

The Money Show’s Bruce Whitfield interviews columnist Tom Eaton about his new book, "Is it me, or is it getting hot in here?"

Drive-in cinema 123rf 123rfbusiness 123rflifestyle

Ster-Kinekor may open drive-ins in 'one or two locations where it makes sense'

6 July 2020 7:25 PM

"We’ve done all of the back-end work. There are one or two locations where it will make sense," says CEO Ryan Williams.

greg-chalmerspng

[WATCH] Golfer David Poulter caught farting on mic, and his hilarious response

6 July 2020 11:28 AM

Golfer Ian Poulter 'let one rip' as they say just after opponent Greg Chalmers was teeing off at the Travelers Championship.

d4-mtjfwwaau-bljpg

'She was a magnificent performer' - Sello Maake ka-Ncube remembers Mary Twala

5 July 2020 11:06 AM

Actor Sello Maake ka-Ncube says Mary Twala has made an immense contribution to the South African television and film industry.

d4-mtjfwwaau-bljpg

South Africans pay tribute to iconic actress Mary Twala

5 July 2020 9:11 AM

Legendary South African actress Mary Twala passed away at the age of 80.

capetalk-micjpg

CapeTalk shakes up its daytime, weekend and early morning line-up

3 July 2020 4:56 PM

You heard it here first: CapeTalk will introduce a new daytime, weekday line-up starting from Monday, 6 July 2020.

swing-cityjpg

Swing City's Graeme Watkins on the Standard Bank (virtual) Jazz Festival

2 July 2020 11:52 AM

This weekend, South African jazz lovers were blown away by the glorious sounds streaming into living rooms courtesy of Swing City.

grandwest-casion-reopensjpg

[WATCH] 'Endless line of cars' queue ahead of GrandWest Casino’s reopening

1 July 2020 12:55 PM

In scenes reminiscent of the day alcohol sales were unbanned – you’ve got to see it – gamblers queued to try their luck.