Image: Thomas Holder/EWN.
EWN's Morena Mothupi and Thomas Holder are attending the Tour de France for the first time! The two journo's are having the time of their lives exploring the town of Valence, France and occasionally reporting on the Tour de France (we're kidding, they're actually working really hard!)
Between their flight being cancelled and almost missing the connecting flight, and a 3 hour layover somewhere in Europe, Morena and Thomas found time to share their crazy travel experience on Instagram.
What lessons have we learned so far from the travelling duo?
1. When in Frankfurt order a burger and fries during your layover, food is always a great distraction
2. Bored? Find a bench and then DON'T sit on it, sit on the floor rather
3. When you arrive at your destination, remember to take photos of rare monuments
4. Also, don't be shy to order the local cuisine and get adventurous with it!
5. The best way to get to know the locals may be taking photos of them standing around, like a real tourist
6. Or get really familar, and take photos of locals doing strange things - like this guy.
7. Finally, remember that you're there for the race and get in some snaps of actual cyclists in the zone
Read more about the Tour de France - and Team MTN-Qhubeka performance - visit the special EWN portal powered by Samsung.
This article first appeared on 702 : What to do when you go to the Tour de France (& get stuck at the airport)