John Webb was looking for options to take a visitor to see the sights of Cape Town. The visitor had already been up Table Mountain, to Cape Point and to Robben Island so he was looking for some new options.
As always CapeTalk listeners did not disappoint. Here are 10 from the many received.
- Township tours are becoming very popular and provide both a good balance to see both sides of Cape Town and to ensure tourism revenue helps where it is needed most. There are plenty of options for how to visit (cycling, walking or by car) and where to visit.
- Wine tasting in Franchhoek by tram. A very novel way to visit some of the wine farms in the valley. This is one for the bucket list.
- Dive with sharks in the City Centre. While shark cage diving is a great option, many might prefer to try it first at the Two Oceans Aquarium and if you get cold feet you can simply wander around the halls looking at them.
- Horse riding is a wonderful experience, going for a ride on the beach is that much better and you don't get a bigger or better beach than Noordhoek.
- While visiting the V&A Waterfront pop past Nobel Square to get your picture taken with South Africa's four Nobel Peace laureates
- If you are a runner take a route that lets you see some great local sights with Run Cape Town.
- Visit arguably the oldest swimming pool in the country - Long Street Baths are a great place to relax after some of the more active options on the list.
- Take a hike up Lion's Head. Many of the best views of Cape Town can be seen after the hour hike up to the top. While most can do it, it does offer some challenges for those that choose to go via the chain route.
- A boat trip. There are many to choose from - relaxing or thrilling options at the V&A; or shark, whale or seal spotting from the southern peninsula.
- See the universe in the Company Gardens. The Planetarium is an overlooked gem for a relaxing and informative view for those who would enjoy travelling among the stars
This is just a sample of the many options that were offered, if you have completed this list you can begin finding even more of the cultural and natural options on offer in this great City.
Deon Bing added to the list with some things that would be good to try this weekend.