Thandile is a grade 12 learner and a resident of Nonceba Family Counselling Centre. One of Thandile’s wishes was to attend her matric dance which she couldn’t afford.
CapeTalk’s Pippa Hudson and CapeTalk’s listeners rallied to make Thandile’s dream come true. Unfortunately, the matric dance was cancelled by the school, because not enough learners were able to pay for it but we still managed to give her a magical night this past Friday.
Pippa Hudson spoke to Garry Reed, the General Manager of The Cullinan Hotel about Thandile's special day:
The girls arrived and they looked absolutely amazing. I think they were little bit in awe because of the experience. We arranged a private pianist to serenade them. I think the experience was world class, something they would remember forever.— Garry Reed, General Manager of The Cullinan Hotel
Thanks again to all the sponsors who came on board:
- Shift Shop for the dress
- London Shoes for the shoes they donated – plus the voucher for 2 more pairs from their collection.
- Jaguar Land Rover Stellenbosch for all the chauffeuring
- V&A Waterfront Suites for providing a location for the pre-dance photos
- Glam Bar for handling manis and pedis
- Mac, sponsored makeup.
- Oh Lief, who sponsored body products
- Lifestyle Emporium who handled Thandile’s hair
- Trendstudio.co.za who donated jewellery and accessories to complete the outfit
- Photographer, Peter Herring, who took the photos
- The V&A Waterfront for the three tickets for the Wheel of Excellence that Thandile will enjoy in the future
- And Ingrid from Indigo Zebra Communications who’s offered a paid holiday internship for during school holidays