Businesses across the world are trying to stay ahead of the game and a large part of this relevance comes from calculated tech strategies.
Deloitte has released their sixth annual tech trend report examining disruptive technologies with the best potential to impact businesses irrespective of size, industries or geography.
These are the top eight tech trends for 2015, which will remain relevant for the next 18 to 24 months:
1. The CIO as Integration Officer - It is time for the CIO to step into a strategic role and become involved in the business and not just be passive technologists.
2. Ambient Computing - It represents the backdrop of the sensors, devices, intelligence, and agents that can put the Internet of Things (IoT) to work
3. API economy – providing agility around software integration needs and extending the lifespan of the technology
4. Dimensional marketing - will take what is happening in the digital world and help redefine relationships and the understanding of what the customer really wants.
5. Software-defined everything - With the entire operating environment able to be virtualised, automated, and orchestrated, infrastructure will become a competitive differentiator.
6. Core renaissance - establish strategic partnerships and build from a heritage of standardised data and business processes – or else you’ll risk being left behind
7. Amplified intelligence - takes analytics, big data, and machine learning, and adds an increased depth of understanding that can benefit any organisation. This results in more effective decision-making but requires a technology maturity which might still be lacking in Africa.
8. IT worker of the future - With millennials entering the workforce, their expectations of employment and how technology is used within the organisation will mean human resources and company structures need to move beyond a legacy-based mentality
According to Global Consulting Chief Technology Officer at Deloitte, Mark White, the company examines over fifty candidate trends every year and undergoes a rigorous process to find the most relevant to all businesses.
Listen to the full conversation from CapeTalk's Breakfast with Kieno Kammies:
This article first appeared on 702 : Top 8 tech trends for 2015, according to Deloitte