Day three of the fresh flower test.
We did a test ourselves some time back to test a variety or other suggestions for keeping flowers fresh.
We tried seven options:
- Vodka - shot added to water, not obvious negative, but no extension of plain water
- Bleach - shot in water, not disastrous, but worse than plain water
- Sugar - slightly better than plain water
- Copper coin - same as plain water
- Aspirin- single tablet added, leaves died by day three, worse than plain water
- Sprite - best result, the drink had both the sugar and the preservative to keep the water clean.