IMOC Cape Town Charity Toy Run Trust is proud to announce that the Toy Run Cape Town 2017 main event will be held at the home of motor racing in the Western Cape, Killarney International Raceway, in collaboration with Western Province Motor Club (WPMC) Sunday 26 November 2017 – gates open at 10am. Whether you ride a motorcycle or not, please join us at Killarney and DONATE your new & pre-loved toys to be part of the grandest motorcycle charity event in the country!
Licenced motorcycle riders can depart on their motorcycles, adorned with toys, from the start venues of Grand West Casino and the Grand Parade Cape Town CBD at 10am, to make their grand entrance to Killarney International Raceway, where they can drop the toys in the Donation Area, all for FREE. Then, for a mere R30, the riders and public alike can join the fun in the Event Arena, where there will be motorcycle displays, food stalls, bike dealers, clothing & apparel, jewellery & paraphernalia stalls, badge & T-shirt sales, live music, bar area, Kurt Schoonraad & his comedy friends, craft beer, dedicated kids area & plenty of entertainment.
With their motto inclusive of the concepts of Passion. Competition. Family, Killarney will doubtless provide the perfect platform to ensure that the Toy Run Cape Town 2017 resumes its role as the premier Motorcycle Charity event in the country. The collaboration to bring this amazing event together this year is very appropriate, as it is Killarney International Raceway’s 70th Anniversary and the Toy Run Cape Town’s 35th Anniversary – both milestone ‘birthdays’ for these two iconic Cape Town entities, the granddaddies of motor events, steeped in tradition and local culture.
Toy Run Cape Town is once again fully run and controlled by bikers - for bikers - and most importantly - for the children. The twin objectives of the Toy Run have always been, to improve and enhance the image of motorcyclists in their communities, and, most importantly, to collect and distribute toys and gifts to economically challenged children up to 18 years old. These children are often in very difficult circumstances, in homes, orphanages, places of safety and in impoverished and vulnerable
communities, where a simple toy or gift is seen as a luxury. How many toys you donate, that’s how many children get to own one. Sometimes for the first time. Ever
Please help us get as many toys as possible to these children - we’ve done it before! We are appealing to you, the public, whether you’re a biker or not, to help us get the ‘ball’ bouncing back up to 30 000 toys and beyond! Over the last 10 years you have donated a grand total of 260 000 toys! But there are always children in need – please help us to brighten their day.
HOW YOU CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE TOY RUN CAPE TOWN 2017 to help the children…
A. RIDE : FREE – Please follow all normal road rules, max 60km/hour, no overtaking
· Official, organized, marshalled ride from start venue to end venue @ Killarney International Raceway – Services for this part of the event include ambulance service en route, marshals, traffic services, application process etc
B. TOY DROP OFF / DONATION AREA : FREE - no ‘wheelies’ or ‘doughnuts’
· General access area to donate / drop -off toys & gifts at Killarney Pit Area – Services for this part of the event includes marshals, traffic services, security, safety, medical services, cleaning, badge sales, t-shirt sales, refreshments sales, application process
C. MAIN EVENT ARENA : R30 per adult, children under 14 FREE
· Paid access to Event Arena, Bar & Club-House - Services for this part of the event includes marshals, security, safety, medical services, cleaning, live music, other entertainment, PRIZE DRAW, food, clothing, apparel & paraphernalia stalls, motorcycle displays, badge sales, t-shirt sales, refreshments sales, dedicated children’s play area, application process
· Tickets for the main Event Arena general access (R30pp Kids U14 FREE) can be purchased online at http://qkt.io/ToyRunCT
· VIP Area (R200 pp adults only) will not be available at the door & regret no children
Please LIKE our Facebook site : https://www.facebook.com/ToyRunCapeTown to stay updated with all our event info… Also if you’re on Twitter tweet us @toyrunCT
If you are interested in showcasing your business or product at this amazing event, please email email@example.com