Here it is, plain and simple!
So basically I can download radio content and listen to it anytime I like?
Exactly. Rather than have to tune in at the broadcast time of the programme, you can simply download the content and listen at your convenience.
Is the Podcasting Aggregator Software free?
Yes. We recommend using Apple iTunes (Mac & Windows).
Getting the podcast
1. If you already have iTunes you can just click on the icon and it will subscribe to the podcast automatically with the default settings.
2. Once you have downloaded iTunes, open it and drag the XML Podcast icon into the podcast section of iTunes.
3. Adjust the settings on iTunes to update automatically every time you log on to the internet, or only when you prompt it. To set the frequency iTunes checks for new subscription podcast episodes, choose Edit > Preferences and click Podcasts. Then choose an option from the "Check for new episodes" pop-up menu.
4. It'll take a few minutes to download the content each time you log on (depending on your connection).
5. When you subscribe to a podcast, you will receive the previous 10 feeds automatically.
Do I need an iPod to get a podcast?
No. In fact, anything will work, as long as it plays MP3 files. You can even listen on your computer. You could even use your PDA or smartphone.
What format will the podcasts be in?
They will be in MP3 format, meaning you will be able to play them on any portable media player, as well as any PC, Mac or Linux platform computer.
What shows will you be podcasting?
You can see a list of the shows with their own podcast feeds here.
Where can I learn more about Podcasting?
The online encyclopedia Wikipedia has a comprehensive article on the subject.