Streaming issues? Report here
Aubrey Masango 2019 BW Aubrey Masango 2019 BW
The Aubrey Masango Show
20:00 - 22:00
volume_up
volume_mute

Up Next: Best of CapeTalk
See full line-up
The Aubrey Masango Show
20:00 - 22:00
Home
arrow_forward

Companies who bid to take over payments did not comply - Sassa

2 February 2017 10:45 AM

Sassa says approaching the ConCourt to extend contract with CPS is the least-risk option to ensure grant beneficiaries are paid.

South Africa Social Security Agency (Sassa) says companies who applied for the tender to take over payments of social grants, did not comply.

Sassa spokesperson, Kgomotso Diseko, says the agency presented options to stakeholders, and decided on approaching the Constitutional Court.

We found that the one with the least risk, is going with the route of extending this contract.

Kgomotso Diseko, Sassa spokesperson

On Wednesday Sassa told Parliament that it's not ready to take over the payment of social grant beneficiaries on the 1st of April.

Sassa says it will approach the Constitutional Court to extend a contract with its current service provider, Cash Paymaster Services (CPS), which was found invalid last year.

When the Constitutional Court declared this contract invalid it also suspended the declaration of invalidity so that contract is not cancelled abruptly resulting in a situation where a lot of our beneficiaries suffer.

Kgomotso Diseko, Sassa spokesperson

Listen to the full interview with Sassa spokesperson below...


This article first appeared on 702 : Companies who bid to take over payments did not comply - Sassa


2 February 2017 10:45 AM