Zane Kilian charged with murder of Charl Kinnear
The case against Zane Kilian – the man implicated in the murder of top detective Charl Kinnear – has been postponed until 5 October.
Police arrested Kilian in Gauteng earlier in the week and brought him to Cape Town where he was formally charged.
Kinnear was a senior member of the Cape’s anti-gang unit, tasked with investigating cases linked to the criminal underworld.
He was gunned down outside his house.
The Bishop Lavis Magistrates Court was filled with heavily armed police as Kilian was brought into the dock on Friday.
He faces charges of murder, conspiracy to commit murder and for the illegal interception of communication.
Kieno Kammies interviewed EWN reporter Shamiela Fisher.
The court appearance was quite brief… We heard before proceedings there was going to be a postponement of 14 days for further investigation…Shamiela Fisher, reporter - EWN
The court was filled with armed police officers and the commander of the anti-gang unit was also present… Our phones had to be switched off…Shamiela Fisher, reporter - EWN
We expect a bail application on the 5th of October. For now, he’s being held at the Bellville police station.Shamiela Fisher, reporter - EWN
Kilian is a big guy. He wore a hooded top that he never removed once. We don’t know much about him…Shamiela Fisher, reporter - EWN
Listen to the interview in the audio below.
This was in a written affidavit filed by Cape Nature in Ryno Engelbrecht's court case against CoCT disputing the moving of Kataza.Read More
"I want to compliment the police, but it is far from over," says Gerrie Nel (AfriForum). "They have not addressed the mastermind."Read More
It is being widely reported that the service provider is shutting down, but Tech guru Brendon Petersen says it is not that clear cut.Read More
The man implicated in the assassination of detective Charl Kinnear has also been linked to an attempted hit on a prominent Cape Town lawyer William Booth.Read More
President Cyril Ramaphosa has signed the Civil Union Amendment Bill into law.Read More
Western Cape Premier Alan Winde says the provincial government wants to fast-track the possible introduction of a minimum unit price on alcohol.Read More
More women have come forward accusing two elderly Bo-Kaap brothers of sexual abuse after allegations surfaced in a viral YouTube video last week.Read More
New Frame cricket writer Lungani Zama opines on why he believes the resignation of CSA board bodes well for cricket's future.Read More
Khayelitsha Development Forum chair Ndithini Thyido says 'enough is enough' to these protection rackets targeting the community.Read More
Cosatu in the Western Cape says the provincial education department is being disingenuous after MEC Debbie Schäfer released a statement on Sunday.Read More