VACCINE WRAP | J&J jab granted conditional approval, SA's AstraZeneca shots sold
A total of 48,641 out of the 53,820 Johnson & Johnson vaccines received to date have been administered in the Western Cape as part of the Sisonke implementation study.
Nationally, a total of 269,102 have been vaccinated in South Africa.
This is according to the latest data published on 1 April.
Here's a recap of the most-read vaccine stories we covered this week:
- J&J vaccine granted conditional approval in SA
- South Africa Concludes Sale of AstraZeneca Shots to African Union
- Ramaphosa updates South Africa on vaccine plans
- Local vaccinations slow down temporarily
- About 30 million J&J vaccines to be produced at Aspen facility
- SA's vaccine rollout isn't injecting confidence
In other Covid-19 related news:
- App-based technology could see return of sporting and live events
- Confusion over ivermectin cream
- Covid-19 exposure and your job
Top interviews on CapeTalk that you may have missed:
Here's a look back at our previous vaccine wrap articles:
- 25 March: VACCINE WRAP | SA awaits Pfizer jab with over 220k vaccinations in Sisonke trial
- 19 March: VACCINE WRAP | More J&J jabs arrive in SA, Europe puts AstraZeneca shot on hold
- 12 March: VACCINE WRAP | Western Cape's J&J doses running low, warning over bogus vaccines
- 5 March: VACCINE WRAP | Frontliners turned away at Tygerberg site, WC hits over 15k jabs
- 26 Feb: VACCINE WRAP | Over 7k people jabbed in WC, queue-jumpers try 'game the system
Source : https://www.123rf.com/photo_22506821_macro-photography-of-a-syringe-ready-to-put-a-vaccine.html?vti=lmpscum4i0mt1dr17x-1-11