VACCINE WRAP | Sisonke trial back on track, pregnant women may now get J&J jab
More than 307,000 vaccines have been administered to healthcare workers across South Africa as officials wrap up the Sisonke Johnson & Johnson implementation study which resumed on Wednesday.
The Western Cape's vaccine totals have been delayed and will be updated late on Friday evening.
The provincial head of health Dr. Keith Cloete says the Sisonke rollout resumed without any major hiccups.
The Johnson & Johnsonvaccine can be administered to pregnant and breastfeeding women who are at a higher risk of contracting Covid-19.
Here's a recap of the most-read vaccine stories we covered this week:
- Greenlight for pregnant women to get J&J jab
- Sisonke rollout resumes
- Western Cape's vaccine outreach plans
- City urges elderly to use internet at local libraries for Covid-19 registration
- Time for govt to get cracking on herd immunity goals
- 'Vaccine on arrival' a missed opportunity for SA
In other Covid-19 related news:
- Exposing Covid-19 test forgery
- Pfizer developing pill to treat coronavirus
- Covid-19 surge in India
- Calls to extend Covid-19 grant
- Are Covid-19 looters being brought to book?
- Man in India charged over oxygen SOS
Top interviews on CapeTalk that you may have missed:
Here's a look back at our previous vaccine wrap articles:
- 23 Apil: VACCINE WRAP | Govt expected to announce lifting of J&J vaccine suspension soon
- 16 April: VACCINE WRAP | J&J jab suspended, online vaccine registrations open for elderly
- 8 April: VACCINE WRAP | Last batch of Sisonke jabs, Ramaphosa gets rollout plan ultimatum
- 2 April: VACCINE WRAP | J&J jab granted conditional approval, SA's AstraZeneca shots sold
- 25 March: VACCINE WRAP | SA awaits Pfizer jab with over 220k vaccinations in Sisonke trial
- 19 March: VACCINE WRAP | More J&J jabs arrive in SA, Europe puts AstraZeneca shot on hold
- 12 March: VACCINE WRAP | Western Cape's J&J doses running low, warning over bogus vaccines
- 5 March: VACCINE WRAP | Frontliners turned away at Tygerberg site, WC hits over 15k jabs
- 26 Feb: VACCINE WRAP | Over 7k people jabbed in WC, queue-jumpers try 'game the system
Source : https://www.123rf.com/stock-photo/vaccine_doses_vial.html?oriSearch=vaccine+doses+vile&sti=neadu601r54sct3wm2|&mediapopup=119154149