VACCINE WRAP | WC enters third wave but still no J&J jabs for mass vax sites
The Western Cape has officially entered a third wave with active Covid-19 cases and hospitalisations increasing.
The province has vaccinated a total of 154,505 people with their first Pfizer dose as of Thursday 10 June, nationally that number is 1,139,243.
Premier Alan Winde announced that the CTICC will become a mass vaccination site, however, he says the Western Cape will need more vaccines.
Meanwhile, there's still no update from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) about the release of the Johnson & Johnson (J&J) Covid-19 vaccine.
HERE'S A RECAP OF THE MOST-READ VACCINE STORIES THIS WEEK:
- CTICC to become vaccination mega site
- Johnson & Johnson jabs for teachers not guaranteed as SA awaits FDA announcement
- Private sector plays its part
- 'I got vaccinated, even though I'm not eligible', says caller
IN OTHER COVID-19 RELATED NEWS:
- Sharp rise in Western Cape active cases & hospital admissions
- Head of Health Dr. Keith Cloete confirms Western Cape's third wave
- Renaming of Covid-19 variants welcomed
- Debate over Mkhize's special leave
- CapeTalk's very own John Maytham gets vaccinated
TOP INTERVIEWS ON CAPETALK THAT YOU MAY HAVE MISSED:
Here's a look back at our previous vaccine wrap articles:
- 4 June: VACCINE WRAP | SA waits for J&J jab clearance to get Phase 2 get off the ground
- 28 May: VACCINE WRAP | WC govt to manage walk-ins amid more reports of vax queue-jumping
- 21 May: VACCINE WRAP | Clicks joins vaccine rollout, WC govt takes over jab scheduling
- 14 May: VACCINE WRAP | Sisonke study draws to a close, WC Covid-19 resurgence confirmed
- 7 May: VACCINE WRAP | NCCC mulls tighter border rules amid fears of 'imported' variants
- 30 April: VACCINE WRAP | Sisonke trial back on track, pregnant women may now get J&J jab - 23 Apil: VACCINE WRAP | Govt expected to announce lifting of J&J vaccine suspension soon - 16 April: VACCINE WRAP | J&J jab suspended, online vaccine registrations open for elderly - 8 April: VACCINE WRAP | Last batch of Sisonke jabs, Ramaphosa gets rollout plan ultimatum - 2 April: VACCINE WRAP | J&J jab granted conditional approval, SA's AstraZeneca shots sold - 25 March: VACCINE WRAP | SA awaits Pfizer jab with over 220k vaccinations in Sisonke trial - 19 March: VACCINE WRAP | More J&J jabs arrive in SA, Europe puts AstraZeneca shot on hold - 12 March: VACCINE WRAP | Western Cape's J&J doses running low, warning over bogus vaccines - 5 March: VACCINE WRAP | Frontliners turned away at Tygerberg site, WC hits over 15k jabs - 26 Feb: VACCINE WRAP | Over 7k people jabbed in WC, queue-jumpers try 'game the system
Source : https://www.123rf.com/photo_50038101_pharmaceutical-industry-production-line-machine-conveyor-with-glass-bottles-ampoules-at-factory-shal.html