#EverydayXhosa: "Bamba" - which means to grab, catch, stop, seize or arrest
- Every Friday, CapeTalk's Everyday Xhosa correspondent Qingqile Mdlulwa teaches listeners a new isiXhosa word or phrase
- This week's isiXhosa word is 'Bamba', which means hold, grab, catch, stop, seize, even to arrest...
- Listen to the audio above for the amusing isiXhosa lesson
This week's isiXhosa word is Bamba (Ba-mba), which means to hold, grab, catch, stop, seize, arrest.
The verb accurately describes what happened to former president Jacob Zuma this week, explains CapeTalk's Everyday Xhosa correspondent Qingqile Mdlulwa.
Here are a few examples:
- "Bamba elo sela" which means catch that thief
- "Bamba loo lift" which means hold the lift
- "Bamba isandla sam" which means hold my hand
- "Bamba ibhiya yam" which means hold my beer