Improve your Life: TEDx Cape Town 2015
Adriana Marais is one of speakers taking part in TEDxCape Town. She will be talking on “My one-way ticket to Mars”.
Marais is one of 25 South Africans who have been short-listed for the second round in the application process for a chance of becoming a pioneer on Mars. She is currently completing her PhD in quantum biology.
Koketso Sachane standing in for Pippa Hudson speaks to Marais about her achievements as well as Carryn Ortlepp from TEDx Table Mountain.
Marais says the Tedx talk is giving her an opportunity to put all her experiences including a chance to visit Mars in a nutshell. She says her talk will be more about expanding people’s imaginations and expanding our world through space explorations.
Talking to Carryn Ortlepp, this year’s TEDxCapeTown 2015 is themed “Open Access Control”. The event brings together speakers and audiences from different spheres of life to explore the paradox “Open Access Control” in different contexts.
Speakers and their topics:
- Adriana Marais: My one-way ticket to Mars
- Braam Malherbe: #D.O.T. - Do One Thing
- Heather Tuffin: Less than ideal
- Ian Mccallum: Poetry and Nature: Voice For The Voiceless
- Jill Farrant: Food Security from resurrection plants
- Kelsey Wiens: Open: Designing for Trust
- Kyle Louw: Roses, Violets, Preconceptions ... Poetry
- Marek Dziembowski: Chasing the eclipse
- Myrna Lewis: Mining the gold of conflict
- Myrtle Clarke & Jules Stobbs: Ordinary Criminals
- Siswe Mzobe: Why do we have to move out?
- Vinny Lingham: The future of bitcoin
Date: Saturday, 15 August 2015
Time: 8am till 5pm
Venue: Cape Town City Hall
Price: R380 – available from quicket.co.za
After Party: Cape Town City Hall