We start in Hermanus where the Zwelihle Youth Café has shifted its focus from being a
general community hub for the communities of Zwelihle and Mount Pleasnt, to offering
urgent feeding relief.
William Ntebe one of the founders is on the line
Guests: Shayne Krige – Attorney dealing with City to get reserves open
Julia Wood – Manager for Biodiversity Management at the City of Cape Town
Guest: Branton Charles | A local artist, born and raised in the Mother City. He grew up in Portlands, Mitchell’s Plain,LISTEN TO PODCAST
• 2 large tomatoes
• 4 eggs
• ½ cup loosely grated cheddar cheese (De Waal prefers to use mature cheddar)
• Pinch of dried oregano
• Cut the end of the tomato off and squeeze the pips and liquid out, then slice very thinly. Heat a little butter in a frying pan large enough for 4 eggs, and add the tomato slices.
• Cover and cook over a low heat, covered, until the tomatoes are soft, 4 minutes.
• Crack and place the 4 eggs on top of the tomatoes.
• Add a sprinkling of grated cheese over each egg yolk, then add a sprinkling of oregano over the cheese.
• Finish with a grind or two of black pepper over the top.
• Cover the pan with a lid and cook until done. An easy way the check is the remove the lid every 15 seconds and shake the pan. If the whites have not firmed up, replace the lid and wait another 15 seconds.
• Serve with finely sliced crispy bacon strips and sautéed mushrooms if you want to fancy it up a bit
Guest: Dr. Ruth Verhey | Clinical Psychologist and Director of Programmes at 'Friendship Benches'LISTEN TO PODCAST
Guest: Reynold “Rey” Thakhuli – SANParks SpokespersonLISTEN TO PODCAST
Guest: Luca Hart | A composer, sound engineer and music producerLISTEN TO PODCAST
Guest: Jason Staggie | the nephew of Rashied and Rashaad Staggie, the former leaders of the notorious Hard Livings gang. He's an author and filmmaker and has just completed work on his latest piece of work, a film titled, Hard Livings, which attempts to find out how his family was led to a life of crime.LISTEN TO PODCAST
Guest: Tessa Purdon | Food editor at Food24.ComLISTEN TO PODCAST
Guest: Wendy Alberts | CEO at Restaurant Association Of South AfricaLISTEN TO PODCAST
Stephan Lombard | Cape Talk producer
Chanel September | EWN Entertainment reporter
Craig Falck | Deputy Editor for TVPlus magazine