• 4 chicken thighs and 4 drumsticks
• 2 small onions, thinly sliced
• 1kg mixed tomatoes, cut into wedges if large
• 3 cinnamon sticks
• 1T fresh lemon juice
• Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then brown in olive oil for 10 minutes. Remove.
• In the same pan, reduce the heat and gently cook the onions until very soft and just beginning to brown on the edges; about 8-10 minutes.
• Add the tomatoes and cinnamon sticks. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are softened and juices have thickened slightly, about 6–8 minutes.
• Return chicken to pot, arranging skin side up. Cover the pot, reduce heat to low, and simmer gently until chicken is cooked through, about 45–60 minutes.
• Remove the lid and continue to simmer until juices are thickened and meat is close to falling off the bone, another 45–60 minutes.
• Add lemon juice; and season to taste before serving.
Stephan Lombard | CapeTalk producer
Chanel September | EWN Entertainment reporter
Craig Falck | Deputy Editor at TVPlus magazine
Guest: Marike Gevers | Corporate Public Relations Officer at Western Cape Blood Services (WCBS)LISTEN TO PODCAST
Guest: Imtiaz Cajee | Author of The Murder of Ahmed Timol.LISTEN TO PODCAST
Guest: Artscape CEO Marlene Le RouxLISTEN TO PODCAST
Guest: Dr. Saadiq Kariem | Chief of Operations at Western Cape Department Of HealthLISTEN TO PODCAST
Judith Sephuma is a multi-award winning SA songstress.LISTEN TO PODCAST
Angelo d’Ambrosio is from IPMT remedial building consultants and paint project management.LISTEN TO PODCAST
Guest: Prof. Justin O'Riain | Director of the Institute for Communities and Wildlife in Africa at UCTLISTEN TO PODCAST
Guest: Francois Rossouw | CEO of the Southern African Agri InitiativeLISTEN TO PODCAST